Sunday, October 21, 2012

One chance

I woke up thinking about consequences today. A friend jokingly advised me the other day, "don't think about the consequences." and we laughed about it. Oddly enough though, the thought and subject keep coming up since then, and it's given me a lot to think about.
One decision, to say something, wear something, do something, and that's it. It's done, you can't take it back. After that, you deal with the consequences. And there are always consequences.
Good or bad, you only get one chance. One chance to make the right choice.
I make one decision to react to correction defensively, and I deal with the consequence then of that persons perception of me. Even if I apologize and try to explain, it's still already done. If I choose one time to allow myself to walk down a bad path in my mind, thinking suspicious thoughts about my friends, I deal with the consequences. There's forgiveness from the Lord for my mistakes, and almost always from my loved ones. But the consequences are what make me stop making those mistakes, or what make me want to stop enough to depend on Him to save me from myself. Believe me, I would be so hopeless without Him.
So here's to good choices in Him, and good consequences. It's possible:).

No comments:

Post a Comment